Timbre+ @One-North

  Just yesterday, my Mom asked if I would like to go to a really cool place for lunch. Since I was free and the thought of being able to post something more exciting on my Snapchat story gave me no reasons to turn down the offer.
  The train ride from Bishan to One-North felt especially long as I was really looking forward to dine at the 'cool place' which my Mom claimed to be. (The ride was actually only about 20-25mins haha) After alighting at One-North station, my Mom headed over to Exit A and took an escalator out of the station. Once we were out, we turned left and crossed the first traffic light that we saw. (If you are planning to check this place out, you can snap a picture of the map at the MRT Station and follow it. It is only a 5mins walk from the train station) After an effortless walk, we reached the 'cool place'! :)

 

 

                                                              
  I was quite impressed with the exterior of the place. However, this is like any other food court in Singapore. Just that, it is much bigger than the normal ones and there is a wider variety of food to choose from. There are your normal hawker centre food like Fried Hokien Mee, Fishball Noodles and mixed vegetables rice. There is this one store that caught my attention (sorry, I did not take any pictures of this stall) This stall sells Wanton noodles. What makes it different from other Wanton noodles is that the noodles is made of either spinach or tomato. I will definitely try it when I go back there the next time. There are also some famous food brands there too, like Udders and Dancing Crab. In addition to all these, Timbre+ also has food trucks at the other side of the hawker centre. However, most of these trucks were not open yet when I went there. I heard that there will be more activities happening at night like live performances from different bands.



This was what I ate for lunch. The brown rice is really nice. It has a chewy texture and is not over or under cooked. The corn and beans salsa was really tasty too. It complements really well with the tortilla chips. The spiciness of the salsa and the crunchiness of the chips. WOW. (not a food guru or anything, just writing some of my opinions) Once again, I cannot remember the name of the stall but I do remember it is 2 stalls away from the tray return point (or is it 1? SORRY) Speaking of the tray return point, I find this method really effective in encouraging people to return their trays. No matter what you buy, as long as you are dinning in, you will be given a tray and an extra dollar will be charged to your meal. This extra dollar can be taken back by returning the tray back to the tray return point. I honestly think this method really works as I did not see any finished utensils waiting to be cleared.
                                                            

This sums up my lunch at Timbre+. I really like this place and I will certainly come back again but this time, it will be at night. Oh ya! Since One North is an office district, it gets really crowded during lunch hours (not sure about dinner) so if you guys want to avoid the crowd, come around 11.15 as it starts to get crowded around 1130.

Till next time! (Please pardon my grammatical errors and feel free to correct me!) 




Comments

Popular Posts